Sunday, November 9, 2008

A glimpse into a Christensen Family weekend

So Saturday's are a bit of a challenge for me. I have very social children who constantly want friends to play with. Saturday's are a hard day to find friend's because most familie's have their dad's home and are doing family things. So I've found that the busier I can keep my kids, the easier Saturday's are. Hooray for soccer! The key is finding the balance between being busy and being crazy - which tends to turn me into a hag and that's never good. Somehow things went pretty well this weekend! Here are a few of the highlights of the weekend.
  • Got to go to spin. Everyone knows I'm happier when I get in a good workout.


  • Ty called and wanted Morgan to come in and work...hooray, got my high maintenance child out of my hair for the day!We actually got to Lainee's soccer game on time...we were even a little early! Afternoon games are definitely better for us! Next week's 9 am game is already on my dread list.


  • Lainee was having fun and was excited Alisa came to watch her. She even scored a few goals (one was after the time had run out and the cute coaches just humored her and another was into the other team's goal but everyone still cheered for her and she doesn't know the difference!)





  • Cam's game was actually right after Lainee's! I wish all of them were scheduled like that...so nice! He love's kicking the ball in from the sidelines!



  • After Cam's game we brought home Connor and Bryn to play with Cam and Lainee. Hooray! we found some friends on Saturday! The kids played awesome and the baby was ready for a nap! Had a few hours to catch up on e-mail, facebook, and housework!


  • Kori called and invited Morgan to a girls night to High School Musical 3. Cam got to go to Jill's and watch kung fu panda with Tanner! I love my niehghborhood.


  • We got to go to dinner with Brent and Rachel while their Bailey watched our 2 little ones. I love Outback's bleu cheese chopped salad.mmmm


  • Got a call from Bailey that she couldn't get Lincoln in his jammie's (I told you he was squirmy) so she put him to bed in his diaper! I got a little worried he'd be cold!


  • Woke up Sunday morning at about 7:45 to the sounds of a happy cooing baby! Went in his room to get him and couldn't beleive how much I loved him just in his diaper. (Thank's Bailey) I had to cuddle with him for about 25 minutes and just feel his soft skin and love his little baby body!


  • Decided I'd use a nice Sunday morning to give myself a pedicure! Got my toenail polish off and my toenails clipped when Lainee walked in and needed the works! So her toe and fingernails looked awesome and it was time to get everyone ready for church! Glad my brown high heels are closed toed!


  • Church was nice but full of the unexpected -me baring my testimony for the first time in 5 years-how did I get up here- and me being excited to go to Releif Society for the first time in 4 years and somehow ending up in the Nursery-what just happened?-


  • After church we had a really fun afternoon of playing games and laughing. We played Rummikub and turned on the Sounds of Sunday on Star 98 and realized the kids have the jingles to the commercials memorized but not so much the actual sounds of Sunday...might want to start playing cd's on Sunday instead.


  • At one point Tyler was tickling Lainee and she was laughing her head off. Her laugh is musical! All of a sudden she stopped laughing, looked at Tyler really seriously and said, "Dad, you just made me pee my pants a little bit." Then she ran to the bathroom.


  • My mom and dad came over for dinner which is always fun for us! They loved watching Cam and Lainee play balloon volleyball in the living room, Morgan doodle dresses and cakes, and Lincoln just being the cutest baby ever!


  • After they left, Morgan wanted a turn to get her nails pretty. This time I was able to get my own done too. What better ending to a weekend than having all 3 girls with pretty nails and piggies!!

No comments: